TO ALL NHS STAFF AND OTHER FRONTLINE WORKERS WHO WERE KEY TO PROTECTING THE PUBLIC DURING THE COVID MONTHS...
As a token of my gratitude for what you did throughout 2020 and continue to do now, I would like to offer each eligible person up to four discounted reflexology appointments at £30 per treatment at my Clinic. This offer will be valid until 30th April 2022. Please share this offer and contact me if you would like to know more.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNTIL THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE, AND IN SPITE OF PROPOSED CHANGES IN GOVERNMENT POLICIES REGARDING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS FROM 19TH JULY 2021. I WILL CONTINUE REQUESTING THAT YOU ADHERE TO THE SAME MEASURES I HAVE IN PLACE. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.
THIS INFORMATION IS FOR CLINIC TREATMENTS:
1. I would ask that on arrival you wear a face mask/face covering until you are settled on the reflexology couch. I can provide you with a face mask, and I will be wearing one until we are ready to begin your treatment.
2. If you can lie down during treatment that's great but either way, I have put up a screen to mitigate transmission of Covid-19.
3. Please bring your own pillow if you need/want one. I will provide all other bedding unless you prefer bringing your own.
4. Please bring your own drink to your appointment.
5. I will normally contact you before your appointment to confirm both our households are free of Covid-19 symptoms as far as we can say.
6. The waiting room area is no longer in use. Please wait in your car or only arrive at the exact appointment time (I will greet you there). This avoids cross-over with Clients and allows time for necessary cleaning between appointments.
7. Any surfaces that Clients may have touched in the clinic including bedding will be disinfected/laundered between treatments. The toilet facilities are obviously available and cleaned thoroughly between appointments when used.
THIS INFORMATION RELATES TO MOBILE TREATMENTS :
1. I will contact you earlier on day of your appointment to confirm both our households are free of Covid-19 symptoms as far as we can say.
2. I will wash my hands on arrival, after completing any consultation paperwork before treatment, and then again after completing your treatment. I will bring my own paper towels which I will dispose of when I leave.
3. Cleaning – all equipment or materials (such as lafuma, towels, coverings or
sanitisers etc will have been fully cleaned before they are brought into your home
4. I will wear a face mask during the appointment, and I would ask that unless you would be lying down that you wear a face mask (or facial covering) during the appointment.
5. Chair or couch – I may bring a treatment chair/couch or may request that the treatment is carried out on an armchair or sofa. I will contact you to discuss this before the treatment.
6. I will bring a sheet to cover my Lafuma recliner if used and a fleece blanket if needed. We can discuss these arrangements before the treatment.
7. Laundry which I provide and any waste will be taken away and disposed of in line with Government Guidelines
As a client you will be required to:
8. Complete a risk assessment before each treatment (I will discuss this with you at the time of making an appointment and again earlier on the day of your appointment)
9. Ensure that risk of possible contamination is minimised; this includes minimising any requirement for me to touch surfaces, and ensuring that, as far as possible, any one else in your household respects physical distancing.
10. Wash your hands (or use hand sanitiser provided by myself) when I arrive. Make provision for me to wash my hands during the appointment when required (alternatively I may use my own hand sanitiser).
5. You may be asked to wear your own face covering. I will let you know before your treatment if this is the case.
6. Provide your own water. I will provide my own water.
7. Provide your own pillow, blanket and towel
8. Inform me, if you develop symptoms of Covid-19 as a general rule. However I will contact you before your appointment to confirm that both you and I are (as far as we can be aware) free of Covid-19 symptoms.
All in all I am aiming for safe yet health-focused treatments with some relaxation thrown in for good measure.
With my best wishes to you all, Gill Board.
SOME USEFUL INFORMATION!!!!
Covid-19 and the benefits of washing with soap and water
"Viruses are not living beings they are packets of RNA made up of nucleotides, sugar and phosphoric acid molecules that need to insert themselves into host cells to reproduce. They protect their internal RNA with a lipid bi-layer, this is a double layer of fat molecules. Alcohol from hand sanitiser for example, breaks down fatty layers. Soap does the same but has an additional effect of lifting up the molecules and washing them off as well. This is because soap has two ends to its molecule, one end loves water, the other hates it. The water hating end inserts into the fat layer while the water loving end lifts the dirt from the surface catching the dirt into soapy cages making it easy to remove. It does not matter if the water is hot or cold so long as the soap is present, the soapy bubbles do all the hard work" (AoR statement based on Unesco Guidance) https://en.unesco.org/news/how-soap-kills-covid-19-hands