Hello and welcome to my reflexology world! I have included all the information I believe you might want to know about this fascinating therapy, and how I became a Clinical Reflexologist.
The feet have been of professional interest to me since I studied and qualified as a Foot Health Practitioner (FHP) in 2005. What is there to dislike? We'd be lost without them and as I have discovered there is more to feet than I realised!
Some years later whilst still working as a FHP I also developed a curiosity about reflexology, seeing the feet in a totally new way. This led me to consider formal training which set me on another path.
I embarked upon a Clinical Reflexology course with Inspira Academy in Cardiff and in 2018 achieved a Distinction at Level 5 Practitioner Course in Reflexology. This is currently the highest level of reflexology training in the UK, which comes under the Nursing and Subjects and Vocations Allied to Medicine sector. I was taught Duopody Reflexology, a unique technique in which both feet are treated symmetrically and methodically, exactly reflecting each organ and system in the body. I am also trained to offer hand reflexology if preferred.
I have been so fortunate to have discovered reflexology, not only in being able to support my Clients with their health, but in being able to learn and share knowledge about this therapy and how I believe it connects with human anatomy and physiology. This in turn can be empowering to us all.
As well as providing treatments intended to bring about well-being and improvements to health. I am qualified to offer reflexology for specific conditions. These include:
- Reproductive health and pregnancy
- Palliative Care
- Sports injuries
And because we are all unique, I design each treatment according to my Clients’ individual needs rather than ‘one treatment routine fits all’. This means the treatments are focused and bespoke for each person.
In addition to the many techniques and skills I acquired on Level 5 Practitioner Course, I have continued with my learning so that I can offer a wide range of reflexology options to address your health issues. I have had very good client responses to protocols that I have learned from a danish reflexology school (Touchpoint) which includes nerve reflexology. This style can enhance other forms of reflexology in my toolbox which I can apply to address your health concerns.
- I am a Limbic reflexologist too. This is a specific type of reflexology that follows reflex points, believed to correspond to nuclei in the brain. Using the internationally revised FIQR (Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire), PHQ9 and GAD7 questionnaires with Fibromyalgia Case Studies, before each limbic reflex treatment, I was able to see continuing health improvements in these people. Subsequently they converted to become paying Clients.
I am currently the only Limbic Reflexologist in the South West. Please read more about Limbic Reflexology by clicking on the relevant page above.
Qualifications and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Courses :
Level 5 Practitioner Course in Reflexology (Inspira Academy) 2018
Qualified as a Limbic Reflexologist with Hamish Edgar - Jan 2020
- Since qualifying I have attended many post-qualification courses covering a wide range of health issues, either in-person or studied through on-line webinars. This has extended the number of protocols that I can consider using and offer you, when I am customising your treatments.
Other important things you need to know about me:
- I have a dedicated Clinic in Weston-super-Mare which is easily accessible from surrounding areas like Bristol and Bridgwater because of the M5 corridor. I can offer Clients off-road parking and there is a regular bus service close by.
- I am a full member of AoR (Association of Reflexologists) which supports regulated reflexology training. My membership no. 31291
- I am fully insured and have professional, public and products liability cover with Balens Ltd.
- I have an Enhanced DBS certificate.
If you would like to book an appointment just get in touch. My Clinic is in Weston super Mare. It's located near Bristol and surrounding areas like Bridgwater, Clevedon and Lympsham.
Booking an appointment or making an enquiry is easy!
Phone 07748740312, email on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact via Messenger.
- In the meantime, take a look at reviews on my Facebook page Gillian Board Clinical Reflexologist to see what existing Clients have said about their experiences. You can do this by clicking on the link.